Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Projectile Vomit

I know, I know – what a nasty title to today’s blog. 

At least YOU were not the one vomited on. 

Fortunately, I was not the one vomited on either. (yippy) J

Last night, right around bedtime I talked Rick into feeding Leah her bedtime bottle and putting her to bed.  I am always the one that puts Leah to bed, so I thought it would be nice to get Daddy to do it for once.

So, Rick proceeds to sit in the rocker with Leah to feed her the bottle and wind down for beddy bye time.  Leah was getting a whole 8 ounces of milk for the first time too. She has been waking around 4AM to suck down a bottle at record speed, so Rick suggested we give her 8 ounces at night now before bed.  So, to continue on with the story, Rick was watching tv while feeding Leah, and I was getting ready for bed myself.  I just happened to walk into the living room to check on them when Rick lifts Leah up to burp her.  Not but a few pats on the back later Leah is spewing vomit right at Rick like Linda Blair on “The Exorcist”.  I have never seen anything like it come from such small tiny Leah before.  I think the whole entire 8 ounces ended up on Rick.  Of course, I couldn’t help but laugh a little after everyone and everything was cleaned up.  Between Rick’s woman like shriek, to the continual, never ending line of vomit, to Rick being covered in vomit, to me being totally vomit free, to the fact that any other night that would have been ME feeding her and potentially covered in vomit.  It was the ultimate stress reliever for Momma.  One can’t help but laugh at the situation.     

So, I took Leah from Rick so he could wipe the vomit from his arms and legs, and I changed Leah.  We all went to bed with Leah in the middle to keep an eye on her for a few hours.  She seemed to be in a great mood after mimicking Linda Blair.  She was happy and talking one minute and asleep next to Daddy the next.  I can update that two bottles and 13 hours later there has not been a repeat of last night.  I guess I will never know what caused the “episode” of the night, but at least now I have something to make me laugh about when I need it!  I am sorry to my husband for getting enjoyment out of the moment last night, but after being pooped and peed, and puked on myself for the last almost 8 months,  and having the joy of cleaning what I call “poop explosions” up all by myself, this about evens the score now.

And to all who are wondering what is with the orange font? Well, this is the closest I could find to what it looked like all over Rick.  GROSS hu?  Your welcome for the visual! Again, just be thankful it wasn’t you!      

No comments: